Happy Spring ladies and gentlemen- we hope you are all feeling lighter and brighter as the sun is finally shining here in Southern Idaho and we are excited the warm weather is just in time to celebrate Earth Day on April 22! Earth Day is a beautiful reminder to care for and appreciate the planet we all share. Taking care of our planet is not a one-day job and we should all work together to take even tiny steps to make the world a more wonderful place to live. So in honor of Earth Day- we want to share some simple sustainable practices to help love our planet.
1. Shop from local farmers. Shopping for our food locally means we are also eating seasonally. Not only is this better for your body (Nature naturally produces what you need for the environment you are living in. So when you are eating seasonally- you are eating what you need to be healthiest you for the environment you are living in.) but it’s better for the planet! Planting and eating native plants means you will use less water, less soil, and the plants will need less maintenance from you! You will also get food that is picked fresh and at peak ripeness instead of pre-maturely for shipping and sales purposes! Plus- supporting our friends and neighbors by buying local not only helps our planet but our local economy! It’s a win, win, win!
2. Use “clean” products. We use many different products every day from cleaning to beauty products that have the opportunity to either benefit us or harm us long term. What we use every day on our bodies and in our homes should matter and we should be mindful of what is in them! Here at Lulu Bella we find if really important to provide you with products that feel good, are effective, and ARE good for both you and the planet. If you don’t already practice using “clean” and sustainable products you should come in and we can help you navigate what would work best for you! Capri Blue Home Care Collection. We carry quite a few products from Capri Blue that are all non-toxic, vegan, and cruelty-free. All their products are gluten and paraben free and don’t use any synthetic colors. We carry skincare and cleaning products as well as candles and diffusers that make you and your home feel and smell great! Feel free to look more on the website or come in and ask us girls in person and we can help you choose what’s best for you!
3. Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle. You have most definitely heard this before- but it’s usually the things you hear over and over again that work! You can reduce waste by only buying things you need or will actually use regularly, using reusable cups, straws, and bags, and doing your best to buy product that isn’t wrapped in plastic! Some examples of “re-using items” would be re-using food containers (jars, butter/yogurt containers), re-using gift bags, or giving/ receiving clothing. Here in Southern Idaho- it is a little bit more difficult to recycle- that being said- “upcycling” is also a great way to reduce waste. Instead of getting rid of an old dresser- sanding it down and giving it a fresh coat of paint is much better than throwing it out. Turning your jeans that are ripped into shorts is another great example! Just remember that you don’t have to be perfect to make a difference! Small steps lead to great achievements.
If you are looking for some amazing reusable products, we have some Swig Life products (beautiful and sustainable cups, straws, and containers), reusable “paper towels”, and Swedish reusable cloths that you can come find in-store!
4. Turn your lights off. Do what your dad always yelled at you for and turn off those lights when you aren’t using them! This goes for most things in your house. Having power strips that you can switch on and off when you are not using the appliances plugged in, keeping your thermostat at a moderate temperature, etc. Not only does it reduce your home energy carbon footprint- but it will save you some money on that electricity bill and who doesn’t want to save a little money?
5. Simply be mindful. Overall- it doesn’t matter if you are perfect, or if you have coffee in a plastic cup- what does matter is living mindfully. When we make conscious decisions about what we bring into our homes, put into, or on our bodies- we will naturally make our emotional and physical environment a better place.
We want to wish you a Happy Earthday from the girls here at Lulu Bella Boutique. Be sure to come to say hi and let us help you find what you are needing to be the BEST YOU! Thank you for joining us today and we hope you have a wonderful and happy day!
XOXO- The Lulu Bella Babes