In 1942, a group called the National Secretaries Association was formed to recognize administrative workers and their contributions to the economy, support their development, and bring in more workers to this field of work. During their first year, they created a day to take a moment and appreciate all administrative staff, which is why today is National Administrative Professional’s Day! Even if you are not in this field, we encourage you to celebrate those who
are as they help make the world turn ‘round. If it weren’t for secretaries, managers, and school staff that help run most businesses and schools- we would be dealing with a lot more work ourselves. In honor of all of these hard-working individuals here are five meaningful gifts to give to celebrate!
1. A Swig Tumbler. On average, people in administration are working hard behind a desk for 35-40 hours a week. That is a lot of time to forget about drinking water. I know, personally that drinking water is a lot more doable when I have a cute cup that that I am excited to drink out of. Lulu Bella has a line of Swig tumblers and reusable straws that would be a great gift option for your Administrative Professional’s Day!
2. A DIY Card & Treat! There is nothing more personal than a homemade card, a personalnote, and a good homemade treat. If you want an idea for making a delicious treat, nothing beats some good puppy chow (muddy buddies).
PUPPY CHOW RECIPE
Total Time: 15 Minutes Makes 8 servings
8 cups Chex cereal
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp salted butter
1 tspn vanilla extract
● Will stay fresh for one week if stored
in an airtight container.
● For extra yummy goodness mix in
extra goodies in the end. M&M’s,
pretzels, Reeses’s Pieces, etc.
1. Measure cereal into a large bowl.
Set aside. Divide powdered sugar
between two ziplock bags, adding 1
cup to each bag.* Set aside.
2. In a saucepan add chocolate chips,
butter, peanut butter, and vanilla
extract and cook over medium-low
heat, stirring, until melted and
3. Pour over the prepared cereal in the
bowl and stir to coat evenly. Allow
to cool for a few minutes.
4. Divide coated cereal between the
two ziplock bags with powdered
sugar, seal the bag, and shake to
coat the cereal.
3. Planner/Journal. Getting a busy bee a planner or journal to help organize, plan, and schedule for their days would be an awesome gift! If you are looking to find one, look no further becausewe have some great options here at Lulu Bella’s!
4. A gift for the skin. A little gift to give a little love to the skin is an awesome way to thank those who work hard every day to make your day better! All of our Blush&Bloom products are all-natural skin care products that a great for sensitive skin, The Mad Hippie line has great facial oils that are paraben free, and we carry a variety of different scented Poppy & Pout chapsticks!
5. Candles. But not just any candles. Soy-based castles with natural scents leave you and your space feeling and smelling great. Our Volupsa and Capri Blue Candle lines come in a lot of different scents and none of those yucky carcinogens that are in paraffin wax candles. Come in and we can help you pick the perfect gift for your secretary of choice.
No matter the gift you are giving- it is important to take a moment and say thank you to those who support everything we do. So Lulu Bella Boutique would like to say thank you to all of our administrative professionals and we hope you have a wonderful and easy day at work today!