Over the next few weeks, thousands of students are graduating. Many of them are our friends, family, or maybe even you. Whether it’s high school or college, graduation is a big deal. It shows consistency, and dedication, and is the result of a lot of hard work. But graduation is far from the end as it is only the mark of the beginning. In honor of those graduating within the next
month- here is some advice for post-graduation.
1. Nothing goes exactly as planned. It’s important to have a plan, goals in mind, and know what steps you need to take to get there. But being prepared to have those plans changed, adapted, and interrupted is also an important quality. Life has a funny way of handing us the lessons and experiences we need to get where we need to go. So while you may not get the dream job on the first try- you might end up getting an opportunity where you meet your best friend, gain a new passion, and it leads you to an even more amazing job you wouldn’t have even dreamed of.
2. Money is important, but it’s not everything. Money is essential to survival and it create opportunities...and let’s be honest...it makes life a lot easier. But money is not everything. It’s important to enjoy the simple things, honor the moments that cost us nothing but time, and sometimes prioritize joy over dollars. So make that bank, but don’t live in one.
3. People change. I don’t care who you are, you will change. The people you love will change. That can sound scary but really it’s pretty amazing. Every day, you wake up someone new. You have gained a day, experience, and lessons. Eventually, those usually add up to change. Embrace it. It can be hard when people change and move in different directions. But change is a sign that you are growing, learning, and truly living.
4. It’s okay to not know what you are doing. Even if you know what career you
want...it’s okay to still not know what you are doing. Whether your learning curve is learning how to do taxes, figuring out how to budget, or picking out your career
path...it’s okay to simply not know what you are doing. You aren’t supposed to. If you already knew everything...life wouldn’t be very interesting.
5. Good communication will solve 99% of your problems. It is the foundation of good relationships with your partner, friends, or your boss. It’s how we set boundaries, communicate needs, and also how we listen. Communication is a two-way street and most people really need to learn how to drive. Any problem that is presented can often be sorted out or solved with a few quality conversations. Life will present everyone with things that people couldn’t possibly provide advice for. But getting to know yourself, finding your core, and grounding to your sense of self is important for everyone. If you are supporting someone who is graduating then remind them that they have
done an amazing job getting this far and this is the mark of the end of an era but the beginning of a lifetime. If you are the graduate...this is your reminder that we are proud of you and you have a bright future ahead of you.
If you are wanting a gift for your graduate be sure to come into the store and the girls will help you pick out the perfect gift for graduation day! Thank you for joining us today and we hope to see you in soon!
XOXO- Lulu Bella Babes